The AdSense blog has made a post explaining, video units, which’re currently opened to U.S. publishers with English-language websites, Here are the top 4 questions:
1. I selected "Automated Content" but the videos aren't relevant to my site. What can I do?
Thanks to your feedback, we've implemented a feature to improve content relevance. Before, if you typed in [cars planes taxis], for example, only videos which matched all of these keywords would be returned. If there were no videos which matched all of these keywords, we delivered a default set of videos from the most popular YouTube partner content. We've modified this so that now [cars planes taxis] will deliver videos which have to do with cars or planes or taxis. This will greatly reduce the likelihood of default popular content being delivered to your units. In general, to refine video targeting with the "Automated Content" setting, you should try different keyword combinations to see what works best.
2. Can I select the individual videos that appear in my video unit?
It isn't currently possible to select individual videos for your video units. If you're choosing "Automated Content" for your video unit, you can further refine video targeting by testing different combinations of keywords.
3. I followed your instructions to link my AdSense and YouTube accounts, but my account still shows as "pending". I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet.
You might have to manually link your AdSense Account to your YouTube account. To do so please follow the steps below.
- Log in to your AdSense account.
- Click the "Account Access" link located under the "My Account" tab.
- Under "sites", find "www.youtube.com" and click the "grant access" link.
- Do you offer any other sizes for the video units?
Your AdSense account should now successfully be linked to your YouTube account.