Adobe released the version 3.4 RC of Lightroom, which is code for a completely free copy of the latest Adobe Lightroom.
The "release candidate" label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of our customers. The final releases of Lightroom 3.4 and Camera Raw 6.4 may have additional corrections or camera support.
The RC released is mainly a giant bug-fix for the still-young Lightroom 3.3 -- but it also adds RAW support for a handful of newer cameras, along with profiles for several new Leica, Nikon and Canon lenses as well. So, if it's new features that you're hoping for, this isn't going to blow your mind or anything.
New Cameras support in version 3.4:
- Canon EOS 600D (Rebel T3i / Kiss X5)
- Canon EOS 1100D (Rebel T3 / Kiss X50)
- Hasselblad H4D-40
- Olympus E-PL1s
- Olympus E-PL2
- Olympus XZ-1
- Samsung NX11
Camera Raw 6.4 release notes:
- Camera Raw did not allow write-back capability for the EXIF GPS properties
- The DNG File format did not support XMP Media Management
- A JPEG file with a specific characteristic was found to have a pink cast
- The undo command (Command Z) was failing to undo crop adjustments
- Single images marked for deletion were not moved to the trash
- A magenta color cast could have appeared on Nikon D7000 images if the multi-exposure feature was used with raw capture