Yesterday, we published about the release of improved "Import campaign" beta feature on adCenter desktop 8.1, that will enable advertisers to more easily migrate (or port) their own search campaign data from Google adWords directly into adCenter, so they are able to keep their campaigns synchronized with less effort.
In order to help you users get started, Microsoft Advertising team have put together a quick demo (embedded under this post) that explains how the adCenter team have simplified the functionality and how easy it is to start using it right away!
For those who want to go the manual way, you can follow the steps under, or watch the video that explains how simplified the functionality is and how easy it is to start using it right away!
Here is how it works?
- "Using the Import feature: Start by selecting the Import button and making a selection from the embedded menu.
- Using Direct Import: The default option is to use the direct import from adWords, making your adwords data migration much easier, and faster!
- Fill-in your details: To import your data, you will need:
- adWords username
- adWords password
- adWords CustomerID To find your adWords CustomerID simply log-in to adWords on the Web and copy it from below your sign-in, this is also shown below.
- Optional - select "Remember my credentials" to ensure you do not have re-enter this data each time you want to use this functionality.
To locate your adWords CustomerID, you need to log-in to adWords and look at the top right hand corner - as shown below - note the red box.
- Selecting Account to Download: Once your credentials have been validated, the Import feature will show all accounts associated with your CustomerID. You have the ability to search on any parameter: Account Name, Primary Login, Company Name, or CustomerID.
Note that we allow you to select only one Account for each download, and it will import all the campaigns (or selected campaigns) for that account.
- Selecting Campaigns: You can opt to import all campaigns associated with an Account or to select from the list of campaigns from within the account.
- Setting the options for import: We provide you extensive control over what you import in from adWords. The specific levers provided are:
- Import new items - here new Campaigns, Adgroups, etc. are imported over from adWords. When doing successive imports (to keep adWords and adCenter in sync) this lever can bring in all new items or ensure that any new items since your last import are not imported.
- Import changes to existing items - this allows you to bring in all changes from your previous import.
- Campaign Budgets - budgets from adWords will be imported into adCenter and existing budget value will be over-written.
- adGroup and keyword bids - adGroup level bids and keyword bids will be imported from adWords into adCenter.
- Negative keywords - will be imported from adWords to adCenter. Note that we will import Phrase and Exact matched keywords into the same match type in adCenter. However all broad negative keywords will be mapped to Phrase matched negative keywords.
- Negative Sites - also called Site Exclusion, this imports all sites to block from adWords to adCenter.
- Location Targeting - will be mapped and imported.
- Ad and Keyword destination URLs
You will be able to append any tracking information to your destination URL's using one of two methods:
- Inserting the tracking information at the end of each destination URL
- We also provide a find and replace functionality such that any adWords specific tracking information may be replaced with your tracking information for adCenter.
There is also a method to ensure any campaigns and adgroups deleted in adWords are also deleted in adCenter. This way you can keep your ad campaigns in the two systems synchronized," explains Microsoft Advertising.
- Import in progress: When you finish setting up the Import Options and click on the "Import" button, the desktop imports your selected campaigns from adWords.
- Import Complete: When the Import is complete,you'll see a summary.
- Review and Sync: Once the import is finished - you will see "Last Import" view where you may make any tweaks necessary prior to syncing with adCenter.