The new adCenter Agency Enablement features will make account management of adCenter campaigns easier and provides the ability to switch or add new agencies to adCenter accounts without losing account history.
Advertiser, "will now have greater flexibility in managing agency relationships without losing any account or performance history. If you're an agency, we've made it possible to easily link/unlink your client account relationships, onboard new clients, control billing preferences, and tailor account management to your clients' business needs," microsoft explains.
"Agency Enablement features make it possible to easily link/unlink your client account relationships, onboard new clients, control billing preferences, and tailor account management to your clients' business needs," Tina Kelleher on Microsoft Advertising blog stated.
Here's a quick summary of the Agency Enablement features:
- "Linking / Unlinking your agency relationships without losing your account or performance history.
- Onboarding: Send a new or existing advertiser a request to manage their account for quick and easy onboarding and account management.
- Billing: More control and flexibility for both agencies and advertisers over billing preferences.
- Account Level Agency Management: Agencies can manage client accounts at the account level, rather than the customer level, providing advertisers greater flexibility in tailoring their account management needs to the unique needs of their business," said tina.
Also, Microsoft Advertising SDK compatible with Windows 8 RTM is now available.
This release :does not include the full feature set of what will be in the Microsoft Advertising SDK official RTM drop in mid-September," Ian Ferreira - Group Program Manager - Ads R&D at Microsoft, posted.
Also, Microsoft now started enabling real advertisers. This means you may start accruing revenue for your applications and receiving payout. "I would encourage existing developers to update your app categories in Pubcenter to reflect the Windows 8 App store categories. To receive payout, developers must also complete the Tax information in their account setup in Pubcenter," said Ferreira.
Below is a list of deprecated public properties:
He said, they're also going to start enabling some of the richer In-App ad experiences.
For more details, browse this documentation.
Download latest version of Microsoft Advertising SDK here.
Microsoft is also reporting today, that the "Ad Rotation" feature is now live in adCenter, and will let you choose between "Optimize for clicks," and "Rotate ads more evenly."
"Your ads will continue to serve based upon the settings you choose without any time restrictions because we acknowledge that different keyword/ad copy combinations need different amounts of time to establish a performance history," Ping Jen wrote.
"You can now access it through adCenter online or via version 8 of the adCenter API. You'll find the option at the ad group level where keywords connect with ad copy."
Jen also shared "recommended steps" to implement ad rotation including:
- Establish a testing goal. "Just like other tests, there is an opportunity cost when you conduct Ad Rotation testing. A higher CPC will likely apply to ad copy with a lower CTR, and campaign managers need to establish a clear goal to justify this testing cost if it incurs," Jen explains.
- Create a testing procedure. Identify top selling points for your products first, and then fine tuning the talking points for each selling point. "Unless a dominant selling point is being clearly identified, you should maintain two or three different ad copy versions to reach a wider range of customers. After key selling points are identified, it's time to tune the talking points," he said. Adding, for budget-minded customer, "computer advertiser could tune their ad copy to determine if revealing the computer's price, such as $899, or rather its discount, such as 20% off, is more effective," he said.
- Develop a plan to systematically compare ad copy performance. By setting up a measurement system, "you will be able to compare the cost and benefit of your on-going Ad Rotation testing."
- Adjust bids and budget to compensate ad copy with a lower CTR.
- Keep a close eye on Ad Performance Report. Compare KPIs before and after even ad rotation to track your ad copy optimization.
- Before deciding winners or losers out of ad copies testing, please trace the performance of ad copies to their associated keywords. You can trace the performance of ad copies to KWs by including Ad ID in KW Performance Report.