ActualDoc is a unique Recent Documents manager designed to provide secure, easy and convenient access to any of the documents you have recently used. It keeps track of the documents you are currently working on and helps you to find any of them, searching on name or contents.
The Windows start menu features the item “Documents” (Windows 2000) or “My Recent Documents” (on Windows XP/2003 server), where you can find your most recently accessed documents. However, there are some issues and strict limitations associated with its use:
- You cannot locate a document if you remember only part of the text but not the name of the file;
- Documents used a week ago or more will not be listed;
- You cannot protect you privacy: anyone who uses your computer can see which files you have recently used;
- The Windows menu contains only the last 15 documents accessed. Such a limitation renders it useless to busy people;
- It does not list all files (for example, recently launched applications);
- The Windows menu cannot handle multiple documents with the same name even though they may be stored in different folders.
ActualDoc, Recent Documents, Windows, Freeware, Software, Download, Document Manager