Google has now made it possible to add sitelinks to ads at the account level. Sitelinks are designed to show additional links to specific pages on website and are an effective way to drive traffic to business.
The rollout is currently of account-level sitelinks —meaning "sitelinks that can show with any of the ads in your account."
If you are not aware, "Sitelinks in ads let you show additional links to specific pages on your website and are an effective way to drive traffic to your business."
Campaigns and ad groups that don't have campaign or ad group-level sitelinks, respectively, will automatically use sitelinks created at the account level, google said.
Further, AdWords API already supports sitelinks at the account level across all versions without any changes." You can use the CustomerExtensionSettingService to read and mutate the existing extension type SitelinkFeedItem, or associate sitelinks via Feed services," explains team.
How they show? Sitelinks appear in ads at the top and bottom of Google search results. On computer or tablet, sitelinks shows 2 to 6 links, while when on a mobile device, it shows up to 4 links.
To make sitelinks work, advertisers can add them at the account, campaign, or ad group level. and, then they specify "link text" (what shows to people) and URLs (the page they click to).
Benefits of adding sitelinks to your ads include:
- "Update easily: Change link text and URLs whenever you want, keeping them up-to-date for sales and special offers. You don't need to make new text ads or edit them to include sitelinks.
- See detailed data about your clicks: Find out how many clicks occurred on your ad when sitelinks appeared. Break down the statistics by campaign, ad group, or ad. Segment your statistics to see the number of clicks that occurred on the individual sitelink versus another part of the ad (e.g., the headline, other sitelinks, or another extension).
- Edit your sitelink extensions without losing data: Edit your sitelinks without resetting their performance statistics.
- Customized sitelinks for mobile: Create mobile-optimized sitelinks to show on mobile devices.
- Scheduling with start and end dates: Specify the dates, days of week, or times of day your sitelinks are eligible to show," google expalined.