April 9, the first 4G LTE Windows Phones at AT&T, including the highly-anticipated Nokia Lumia 900 and the TITAN II from HTC began to roll out.
Microsoft is giving people what they crave most: more free time. Windows Phone has set up Free-Time Machines (FTMs) across the country to show how smartphones help people quickly and easily complete everyday tasks.
"This LTE launch is a big milestone here in the U.S. and there is some great momentum overseas as well," says Terry Myerson, corporate vice president of Microsoft's Windows Phone Division.
AT&T is looking forward to being able to showcase the Nokia Lumia 900 and the HTC Titan II, says Michael Woodward, vp, Mobile Phone Portfolio, AT&T Mobility. "The initial reaction to these handsets is amazing," he says. "Media love the Lumia 900 and it won tons of awards at CES. We think customers will enjoy them, too."
Nokia Lumia 900 has achieved what AT&T calls "hero status," which means that it will be used as the primary device in marketing for a given promotional period, Woodward, explains.
Along with TITAN II, the Lumia 900 will provide users not only with great data transfer speeds on the carrier's network, but also with the latest Windows Phone features and enhancements.
Lumia 900 brings following features on board:
- Local Scout provides local search results and recommends nearby restaurants, shopping and other activities in an easy to use guide powered by Bing. Whether you're looking for the best brunch or live music in your area, it's all a tap away. Simply pick a result and you'll see everything you need to know --where it's located, how to get there, who to call, when it's open, the website, and even ratings and reviews.
The results are arranged by:
- Highlights: Top rated and highly reviewed listings
- Eat+Drink: Nearby restaurants
- See+Do: Nearby attractions and activities
- Shop: Nearby stores
- Voice Search without typing using the voice search functionality.
- Music Search lets you find what song is playing by letting you phone "listen" to the music. It not only shows you the name, artist, and album, but even shows you where you can hear or buy it.
- Bing Vision: You can now use your phone's camera to look up product information by bringing an object into view.
The Nokia Lumia 900 comes in two colors, cyan and matte black and has a 4.3-inch active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) display; a 1.4 GHz Snapdragon processor; an 8 megapixel camera with an exclusive Carl Zeiss wide-angle lens; and a 1 megapixel front-facing camera.
The HTC Titan II, a camera buff's dream and will be available for $199.99 with a two-year service contract and it features the most powerful camera yet among Windows Phones, at 16 megapixels. The Titan II also has a dedicated image processor and a back-illuminated sensor for low lighting. It has a 4.7-inch display, also the largest among Windows Phones, and a 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S2 processor.
Take a look at what's new Lumia 900 and the HTC Titan II Windows Phones has to offer:
You can now go online or visit AT&T and Microsoft stores across the U.S. to purchase.