Ghost Rider, the action-packed combat and motorcycle video game featuring Marvel Comics' iconic supernatural superhero, is now available in North America for the PlayStation2, the PSP and the Game Boy Advance systems. The title will be available in Europe as the movie releases in different regions. The Ghost Rider video game reflects the stylized action of the successful Marvel comic series and Sony Pictures' upcoming Ghost Rider movie.
The storyline continues as Johnny Blaze, forever destined to ride night after night as the host of the powerful supernatural entity known as the Ghost Rider, drops players into the role of a super hero with powers to avenge any evil he encounters. Featuring many of the characters and motorcycles from the comic book and movie, Ghost Rider will engage gamers in an immersive, supernatural experience with a seamless blend of hand-to-hand combat and high-speed motorcycle action. Johnny Blaze is brought back as his alter ego, Ghost Rider, to protect others from experiencing his Hell on Earth.
Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K said: "The Ghost Rider video game offers an exhilarating gameplay experience in a fast-paced environment. Ghost Rider can battle multiple enemies from the Marvel Universe using his trademark weapons, the Hellfire Chain and Hellfire Shotgun. Fans of the comic book series will love its true-to-form style."
- riding the terrifying Hell Cycle, swinging Ghost Rider's chain at enemies and using the bike's powers to ride on water, boost over jumps, and power down under obstacles;
- travel through several locations from the movie;
- upgrade the Hell Cycle, gain new moves and increase Ghost Rider's stats using the essence of defeated foes as means of payment;
- unlock original Ghost Rider comics, artwork, "making of" footage and developer interviews;
- the PSP version offers new gameplay including game sharing, and Wi-Fi multiplayer racing for up to four players.
Ghost Rider is available for $29.99 for the PS2 and the PSP and $19.99 for the Game Boy Advance.