Google+ Sign-In for Drive Apps and Google Play store enabled all Google APIs be authorized using the "Sign in with Google" button providing users seamless experience on all of their devices.
It also comes with the protections like 2-step verification, so you can always sign in to your Android app with existing Google credentials.
""Sign in with Google" button can cater to whatever kind of application you create: web, client, or mobile. Now you can choose the authorization flow you like and get a token using the OAuth 2.0 client-side flow or server flow," Google writes.
To authorize additional scopes, just pass them in the markup for the "Sign in with Google" button like:
<span class="g-signin" data-scope="https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.file"></span>.
Further, Google notes, "When a user authorizes an app on the web, the mobile version of the app can be installed over the air onto their mobile device. Just add your Android package name when you create the button like in this example, and your app will be automagically installed."
<span class="g-signin" data-apppackagename="org.aliafshar.android.driveapp"></span>
In addtion, Google Play services v3.0 is also released today which includes Google+ Sign-In and Google Maps Android API improvements.
There are loads of features avilable in Google+ Sign-In which intends to cut down on social spam:
- It lets you use your existing credentials to sign in to Android apps outside of Google. "Just review the Google+ permissions screen (outlining the data you're sharing with the app, and the people who can see your activity)," explains Google.
To manage your signed-in apps, just visit plus.google.com/apps, or open the new Google Settings app on Android.
- When signed-in with Google, user can bring their Google+ info.
- Users can install mobile app on your Android device with a single click.
- Google+ Sign-In and circles now lets you select "who to share with." In addition, "Google+ doesn't let apps spray "frictionless" updates all over the stream, so app activity will only appear when it's relevant (like when you're actually looking for it)," informs google.
- Shares from a app now include calls to action (like "listen," "RSVP," and "check-in"), custom thumbnails, and brand attribution --your friends will see a new kind of "interactive" post in their Google+ stream. "Clicking will take them inside the app, where they can buy, listen to, or review (for instance) exactly what you shared," Google adds.
- Users' app activities will only be visible to the Google+ circles they specify (if any), and they'll only appear when they're relevant.
- Once your Google+ Sign-In integration is live, "you'll be able to measure and monitor downloads, total users, interactive post performance, and other key metrics," Google wrote.
To set up Google+ Platform Insights for your Android app, simply connect it with your Google+ page.
Watch the videos below for more information on how Google+ Sing-In works:
Over-the-air installs from your website:
Update: Google+ Photos App (aka Pulsar) is a Chrome App made by Google and is powered by Native Client technology provide you with the ability to upload and share photos from Google Chrome.
Two key features (via) of the app are: "Automatic selection of the best shots; and Automatic import of photos when I plug in a camera or memory card."
You can dowload the the pulsar zip archive here.
Update 04/02: Google has added two more partners to make its Google+ Sign-In accessible on more sites with the new deal signed with Janrain and Gigya--who are agree to include Google+ Sign-In as part of their product suites!
Google said that hundreds of thousands of developers already use the user management and social infrastructure platforms Janrain and Gigya to manage their sign-in systems. Now, with Google+ Sing-In their customers will be able to:
- "Add trusted authentication to their apps and sites
- Allow web users to automatically download their Android app
- Customize their app experience using Google+ profile info
- Enable users to share interactive posts with friends
- Write app activities that only appear when they're relevant," informs Google.
With Google+ Sign-In users can sign in to your Android, iOS and web apps using their existing Google credentials, and bring along their Google+ info for an upgraded experience.