Facebook Gifts available to everyone in the U.S. as on December 11, 2012.
"With Gifts, you can instantly send your friends real gifts through Facebook. Select a gift from categories like Food & Drink, Home & Kitchen, Baby & Kids, and now Wine. You can also make charitable contributions to one of our non-profit partners," the company wrote.
To donate or learn more about Facebook Gifts, visit Facebook.com/Gifts.
The Preferred Marketing Developer (PMD) program that was launched in April last year, has grown -- "its ecosystem grown to more than 260 members in over 35 countries - of best-in-class developers who make social marketing easier and more effective," Facebook stated.
With this growth, Facebook just launched a new PMD Center to help marketers find the companies more easily they need to build enterprise tools and apps - all in one place.
"PMD brought developers to the right clients and made it possible for any brand or company to build comprehensive Facebook campaigns and presences."
PMD Center, built by Gamaroff Digital, "is itself an app that replaces the original PMD directory launched with the PMD program earlier this year," the social network company added.
Key features of the PMD Center include:
- "Company profile pages with advanced details, such as case studies, white papers, local office details and more
- Simplified "specialty" lists to help marketers quickly understand the core expertise of each PMD
- Specific showcasing of recently announced Strategic PMDs and approved FBX partners and mobile measurement partners
- Ability for marketers to submit RFPs directly via an integrated form
- Clear tab navigation interface
- Homepage highlighting updates from the PMD team at Facebook," informs Facebook.