NBC Sports today with Yahoo! Sports signed a deal to create an Online Sports All-Star Team, offering a coliseum full of new content to passionate sports fans---and a whole new playing field of opportunities for advertisers.
With this deal in place, Yahoo! and NBC Sports will provide "new, scalable advertising solutions to reach passionate sports fans through unique opportunities and sponsorships," the comapny blogged, adding, "Online advertising opportunities will span hot sports properties including Yahoo! Sports, the Rivals Network, NBCSports.com, Comcast SportsNet, Rotoworld.com and Allisports.com."
"We're thrilled to combine Yahoo!'s fantasy offerings, product innovation and editorial authority with NBC's broadcast coverage of live sports events and award-winning on-air talent. We think our users will love the result," said Ken Fuchs, vice president of Yahoo! Global Media and head of Yahoo! Sports and Games.
Here's a sneak peek of this alliance:
- "Editorial Depth: The combined talent roster of the Yahoo! Sports and NBC Sports features a deep bench of award-winning reporters and bloggers such as NBC's Bob Costas and Mike Florio, as well as Yahoo!'s Dan Wetzel and Adrian Wojnarowski. Yahoo! Sports' renowned investigative reporting will be featured on NBC TV, giving fans breaking news about the teams they love on whichever device they choose -- whether they're reading online, on their mobile devices, or watching TV.
- Live Streaming: Through NBC Sports Live Extra, Yahoo! Sports users will be able to access live streams of some of the biggest sporting events, including the NFL, NHL, MLS, and EPL.
- Original Video Programming Concepts: Yahoo! Sports and NBC Sports will work together to develop original video programs that will appear on both Yahoo! Sports and NBCSports.com. Video programs will highlight fan favorites including Emmy Award-winning commentator Bob Costas; Football Night in America's Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison; ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio; and popular college recruiting commentary from Rivals and NBC Sports talent.
- Fantasy Sports: Yahoo! Sports will become the exclusive fantasy game partner of NBC Sports' Rotoworld, the premiere fantasy news and information site. This will include Yahoo! Sports' fantasy experiences for football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, College Bowl Pick'em and Tourney Pick'em.
- Rivals.com: The college sports destination will power recruiting and college sporting news for NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports Regional Networks.
- NBC Sports Regional Networks: Serving as the exclusive local sports content partners in relevant markets, NBC's regional networks will now integrate Yahoo! Sports' team pages, fantasy experts and sports talent.
- NBC's Alli Sports: Providing youth-focused, action-sports video and other content to Yahoo!," informs Yahoo!.