To make online sharing as meaningful as the real thing, Google today launched two new tools to its social networking project Google+, announcing the roll out, Google noted that Google+ is the fastest-growing network with more than 500 million, with "235 million are active across Google (+1'ing apps in Google Play, hanging out in Gmail, connecting with friends in Search...), and 135 million are active in just the stream."
Google+ Communities a version of groups, allows users to join or create new permanent home for all their favorite topics and chat with other members who share their interests.
To give it a try just click on the new "Communities" icon (rolling out today), then create or join your favorite community.
Google notes, mobile's version of the Communities is "coming soon."
Here is what Google+ Communities offers:
- "Public or private membership to support all kinds of groups--from topics and interests to local neighborhoods to regular poker nights
- Discussion categories to find the conversations you care about most
- Option to start hangouts and plan events with community members
- Ability to share with your community from any +1 button across the web."
Snapseed app for Android is a photo enhancer app, previously available to iOS. Google later acquired the app's developer Nik Software.
Spapseed features include:
- "Basic adjustments like tune, straighten and crop
- Creative filters like drama, black & white, and vintage that you can apply individually or in combination
- Control Point technology to selectively enhance your photo--to brighten just a face, for instance, or deepen just the sky
- ability to share your creations via Google+ and other services"
Check out the video showing off public communities on Google+ rolling out today: