Also, people around the world can experience Bing in a brand new way, with the completely reimagined search for Windows 8, now including "the Bing app for web and image search and the new Bing apps designed specifically for Travel, Weather, Maps, News, Finance and Sports."
"Searching with the Bing app is fast and fluid, whether you use a touch device to tap and swipe or type and click with a keyboard and mouse. Finger-friendly results and images are front and center letting you quickly find what you're looking for, so you can search less and do more. You can still rely on the same great Bing web experience in Internet Explorer 10, but we've optimized the Bing app to shine on Windows 8," Bing stated.
Also, Bing has launched a 360° degree panorama experience on the Bing homepage. The Bing panorama feature is currently available in Germany, Great Britain, Australia, Japan, France, Canada, China, Spain and the United States.
"Those using Windows 8 can explore the homepage with touch - allowing you to zoom, pinch and swipe as you explore the image," Bing said. While others, can exprience the new Bing on any modern browser that is HTML5 capable, exploring the image with your mouse.
To get all the latest features in the apps, click into the Windows Store app when you start up Windows 8 and update your apps.
The Bing apps are now available in all supported Windows 8 markets and available in 107 languages.
Watch the video under this post deomonstrating new Bing Apps for Windows 8.
In other Bing news, Bing Elections launches today to bring together comprehensive election news, up-to-the-minute election results, and social media insights - all in one place.
With bing.com/elections, you'll find comprehensive news coverage, the latest election updates, and analysis of the social conversation. Unique features include:
- "Real-time algorithmic news results sourced from key national, local, partisan and non-partisan sources, including the Associated Press, USA Today, Huffington Post, Politico and more
- Dynamic, interactive map with national, state and local election results from The Cook Political Report and Real Clear Politics, as it's reported
- Unique left to right news selector lets people filter the news the way they like it, including from the right, left or center perspective. Just click on a box and see the news of the day filtered accordingly.
- Bing is also the only search engine with strategic partnerships with Twitter and Facebook to deliver unique social sentiment analysis across key election issues. The Bing Election hub helps people easily find and participate in trending conversations that matter most.
- Voters uncertain of their polling places can use Bing Elections to find out where to go vote, as well as experience exclusive videos from Chelsea Clinton and Mary Ann Huntsman urging everyone to get off the couch and vote in this critical election," informs Bing.