Google acquired Zagat last year in September, today released a new Android app. The new free Zagat app is "re-built from the ground up," and also the old Zagat app for Android has been discontinued and stop functioning on October 15, 2012.
The app offers to browse over 30,000 restaurants in the world's top dining destinations and lets you filter your searches by cuisines, Zagat scores, cost and dining features like outdoor seating.
Users can also post reviews right from the app. Public reviews that you post from the app will appear on Google+ local, either under users full name or as "A Zagat User," depending on user preferences.
- Explore the world's top dining destinations
- Find the perfect restaurant
- Refine your search with 100+ filters, including cuisines, Zagat scores, cost, and dining features (e.g. outdoor seating, open late, child-friendly, etc.)
- Reserve a table
- Be a critic--your quote could be printed in our next restaurant guidebook
- Optimized for Android 10-inch and 7-inch tablets
To use the new app, users are required to have a Google+ account. To get the app head over to Google Play.