Microsoft Dynamics SL 2011 FP1 is officially available and the feature set centers on continued Project enhancements, Time & Expense Web Services, and the inclusion of Business Analyzer for Dynamics SL 2011.
Highlights of this Feature Pack:
- Business Analyzer - with 30+ pre-defined financial and project reports and Microsoft Lync connectivity
- Quick Query SSRS Report Generation wizard - Users can create their own reports to view in Business Analyzer
- Project Web Services
- Project Time Entry
- Project Expense Entry
- Support for Document attachments and project notes
- Project Actual and Provisional Cost Reporting
- Hard Close Restrictions by Module
- Suppress Batch Control Reports by Module
- Office 365 and SharePoint Online Support
System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 Beta Integration Pack for HP Service Manager Beta enables you to retrieve, create, update and monitor tickets in HP Service Manager.
This integration pack adds the HP Service Manager category to the Activity pane in the Runbook Designer. This category contains the following activities:
- Close Entry; Create Entry; Get Entry; Monitor Entry; Update Entry
WCF Data Service 5.1.0-rc2 released today is "very close to complete." The download is available through a NuGet packages as well as an installer for WCF Data Services 5.1.0-rc2.
WCF Data Services 5.1 adds support for the following features:
- JSON serialization format
- New client-side events for better request/response control
This release of WCF Data Services also includes support for the new JSON serialization format (previously known as JSON Light).
"WCF Data Services 5.1 enables creation and consumption of data services for the Web according to version 3 of the Open Data Protocol (OData), which facilitates data access and change via standard HTTP verbs. WCF Data Services 5.1 includes .NET Framework server and client libraries as well as Silverlight client libraries," Microsoft stated.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9 Beta released today adds Windows Server Hyper-V Drivers. "With new drivers for Microsoft Hyper-V that have recently been accepted by the upstream Linux community, customers can now run Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9 as a virtual guest on Hyper-V with improved performance," Red Hat stated.
This beta contains support for the latest CPU, chip set, and device driver enhancements from leading hardware vendors. And, it also provides new functionality in the areas of virtualization and networking, and new support for standards, certifications and security, as well as new features that support certificate-based Red Hat Subscription Management.
Also included are additions to capabilities for developers and support for some of the latest platforms from our hardware partners.
Key functionality in the Beta for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9 includes:
- "Support for the latest U.S. government password policy requirements.
- Adds support for using FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standard) mode with dmraid root devices. FIPS mode now supports RAID device discovery, RAID set activation, and the creation, removal, rebuilding and displaying of properties.
- Customers can develop and test with the latest version of open source Java with the introduction of OpenJDK 7.
- Many new improvements to SystemTap from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3 have been added to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9, including compile-server and client support for IPv6 networks, smaller SystemTap files, faster compiles, and compile server support for multiple concurrent connections.
- Includes a new rsyslog5 package which upgrades rsyslog to major version 5. The rsyslog5 package runs faster and is more reliable than existing rsyslog packages.
- Samba 3.6. features include fully featured SMB2 support, a reworked print server, and security default improvements for all versions of Samba.
- Customers can easily run RHEL5.9 as a guest on top of Microsoft Hyper-V, providing enhanced interoperability in a Windows environment.
- By default customers will use Red Hat Subscription Management as an enhanced subscription management capability using X.509 certificates," informed Red Hat.
The general availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9 will mark the end of Production phase 1 of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Life Cycle.
SharePoint Deployment on Windows Azure Virtual Machines provides guidance about the benefits of Windows Azure Virtual Machines and explains how to deploy SharePoint Server 2010 on Windows Azure Virtual Machines.
The paper starts with a clear and concise summary of the cloud offerings as they relate to Azure and then goes into a discussion of reasons why this approach might be suitable.
The paper then dives into a step-by-step guide to the actual deployment.
"Windows Azure Virtual Machines mitigate the need for hardware, so organizations can turn attention from handling high upfront cost and complexity to building and managing infrastructure at scale. This means that they can innovate, experiment, and iterate in hours--as opposed to days and weeks with traditional deployments," Microsoft stated.
The paper demonstrates deployments for several scenarios.
Microsoft also published two hand guides;
Work Smart: Exploring Windows 8. "This guide provides a high-level overview of the exciting new features in the Windows 8 user interface so you can get up and running quickly with the new operating system. "
Work Smart: Using Windows Internet Explorer 10. "Internet Explorer 10, included in Windows 8, offers two browser experiences, a touch-optimized, modern-style experience and a classic desktop, web-browsing experience."
This guide provides detailed instructions for using the Internet Explorer 10 modern experience, provides useful tips for working across both experiences, and discusses security and privacy.