Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Beta release now available includes - the introduction of the GP web client, 125+ functionality enhancements for our 43,000+ existing customers, and extending the rich integration Dynamics GP has with the Microsoft stack.
"Dynamics GP 2013 builds on a strong foundation to deliver new levels of customer and partner value through faster, more efficient implementations, compelling application functionality, and unparalleled levels of customer choice on how to deploy and access their solution," Microsoft stated.
Microsoft Dynamics GP partners can download the beta and will be supported through CSS organization here.
Also, as on September 12, Windows Embedded Standard 8 Third Community Technology Preview (CTP) mad available and delivers many quality improvements and several new capabilities - including:
- "Alignment with the Windows 8 RTM codebase.
- New specialized device templates added to provide easy to use blueprints as a starting point for designing the OS for your specialized devices.
- New features and enhancements around lockdown scenarios, including a special servicing mode for devices that use the Unified Write Filter, and a new ability to block and filter USB ports.
- Support for even more languages, including Arabic, Dutch, Italian, Russian, Swedish, and Turkish.
- Many quality improvements, such as a restructured catalog, F1 help available in the Image Configuration Editor (ICE) toolkit, improved USB media creation, and modules to support common applications," Microsoft informed.
You can download Windows Embedded Standard 8 CTP 3 here.
With the Visual Studio 2012 launch, Microsoft also made available the ".NET Feature Catalog" app source code that the company has been demonstrating at recent conferences such as TechEd.
On September 11, Microsoft published a new set of pages on MSDN offering guidance for getting started with data access in ASP.NET.
"These pages clearly identify which technologies are still available and supported but are no longer part of Microsoft's strategic direction, such that you should think twice before choosing them if you're creating something new. One page provides help setting up SQL Server connection strings," the company stated.
Here are links to the new pages, with a sampling of what you can find in them:
- ASP.NET Data Access Content Map
- Choosing Data Access Options for ASP.NET Web Applications
- SQL Server Connection Strings for ASP.NET Web Applications
- Using SQL Server Compact 4.0 for ASP.NET Web Applications
- ASP.NET Data Access FAQ
Configuration Manager 2012 and Configuration Manager 2007 Documentation Library have been updated on the web and the latest content has Updated: August 1, 2012 at the top of the topic.
A few topics are also updated for September and show Updated: September 1, 2012.
August updates see the beginning of some prerelease documentation for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1, and "we will continue to make regular updates as we get that information from the product group," Micosoft writes.
If you are interested in SP1 changes (such as support for Windows 8, Mac computers and Linux/UNIX, PowerShell, new hierarchy management options, and distribution points for Windows Azure), check out What's New in Configuration Manager SP1 and updates to Supported Configurations for Configuration Manager.