The new iPod touch & iPod nano launched today with the iPhone 5 comes with ultra-thin designs.
The new "iPod touch" comes in a new ultra-thin and light anodized aluminum design, (at just 6 mm thin and weighing just 88 grams), and features a 4-inch Retina display, a 5 megapixel iSight camera with 1080p HD video recording, Apple's A5 chip; Siri, and run iOS 6 mobile operating system.
It is available in five vibrant colors and comes with a color-matched iPod touch loop, a clever and convenient wrist strap you can use while taking photos, recording video and playing games.
It delivers up to 40 hours of music playback and up to eight hours of video playback battery life.
And, the new "iPod nano" at just 5 mm, feature a 2.5-inch Multi-Touch display; convenient navigation buttons; built-in Bluetooth for wireless listening; comes in seven gorgeous new colors.
The new iPod nano gives music lovers built-in Bluetooth for wireless listening with Bluetooth-enabled headphones, speakers and cars, and deliver 30 hours of playback battery life.
iPod nano also features built-in fitness features including a pedometer and support for Nike+, and comes in seven new colors with fun color-matched wallpapers.
Both iPod touch and iPod nano come with the new Lightning connector, and with the new Apple EarPods featuring a breakthrough design for a more natural fit, increased durability and an incredible acoustic quality typically reserved for higher-end earphones.
- Apple's svp, Philip Schiller, said that "With over 350 million sold, iPod is the world's most popular and beloved music player."
- Apple also revealed that the App Store on iPod touch, now has over 700,000 apps, including over 175,000 game and entertainment titles.
- And, the iTunes Store offer over 26 million songs, 190,000 TV episodes, 45,000 movies and 1.5 million books to purchase and download directly to their iPod touch.
Pre-orders for the new iPod touch begin September 14 through the Apple Online Store "for US $299 32GB, and $399 64GB model."
iPod nano will be available in October for a suggested price of $149 (US) in a 16GB model. And, iPod shuffle is available for $49 (US) in a 2GB model.
Here are more iPod touch and iPod nano pictures:
Apple also unveiled new iTunes for Mac and PC featuring a redesigned player, seamless integration with iCloud, and a new look.
The new iTunes available in October at www.itunes.com, will feature a simpler and cleaner interface, with iCloud integration to let you conveniently ascess your music, movie and TV across the devices anytime, anywhere.
"The new iTunes works seamlessly with iCloud, always keeping your entire library at your fingertips, and we're adding great new features that make listening to your music more fun," said Eddy Cue, Apple's svp of Internet Software and Services.
The redesigned iTunes Store, App Store and iBookstore have been rethought to make buying your favorite content on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC or Apple TV simpler than ever.
"Featured content is showcased right at the top and easy-to-browse shelves serve up popular music, movies and TV show choices. You also have a preview history that shows you all of the music, movies and TV shows you've sampled. iCloud keeps your preview history across all of your devices. Additionally, users can preview 90 second clips of songs while continuing to browse the store," Apple stated.
- redesigned iTunes features a full-window simpler and cleaner interface on Mac or PC that always keeping your favorite content in front of you.
- new library view makes it easier to view your music, TV shows and movies, allowing you to click on the category of content you want to browse and that's all you will see.
- expandable album view allows you to see track listings for an individual album, while letting you continue to browse your music library.
- new search feature searches across your entire iTunes library, including music, movies and TV shows.
- MiniPlayer makes it easy to control your music with a small tool bar, you can skip to the next song or search for something new to play--all without having to open your library.