YouTube app for iPhone and iPod touch available starting today from the iTunes App Store, let you watch the videos and keep up to date with your favorite YouTube channels by just signing-in to access your subscriptions, playlists, uploads and more.
Google states, that YouTube on mobile is now getting "1 billion mobile views a day".
Here is what you can do with the YouTube app:
Swipe your finger from the left edge of the screen to reveal a guide with your subscribed channels on YouTube, giving you instant access to everything.
The new search tools help you get to videos like faster along with suggestions while you type, and let you sort through videos or channels. Flip through related videos, comments and more info, all while watching a video.
In addition, you can share video you found interesting on YouTube on Google+, Facebook or text message in the app, as well as from Twitter and email.
Google notes, that in coming months, they will make the YoTube app available on iPad as well.
Features of YouTube app for iOS include:
- Enjoy YouTube's vast video catalog, including official music videos
- Find videos and channels more easily with voice search and query autocomplete
- Subscribe to channels and instantly access your subscriptions with the channel guide UI
- Read comments, browse related videos, enable subtitles and more - all while watching
- Easy video sharing to Google+, E-mail, Facebook and Twitter
You can download YouTube app for iPhone and iPod touch from the iTunes App Store.
In other Google mobile news,
Google today introduces a new Google Wallet API to improve the checkout process on both mobile and desktop sites in order to ease the pain of online shopping for both shoppers and merchants.
For merchants, "there are no additional charges for accepting Google Wallet. Since you continue to use your existing payment processor, implementation is fast and simple," Google writes.
Google says, the Wallet API is currently released to approved partners, and they'll review new requests (via this form) for the Wallet API access, and will contact once the access is approved.
Here are the features of Google Wallet API:
- "Once shoppers log into Google Wallet, there is no need to enter a 16 digit credit card number or other payment information -- it is already securely stored in Google Wallet.
- Returning shoppers who have authorized Google Wallet as their payment method will not be redirected to Google pages, meaning the shopper never leaves the merchant's website and future transactions are even faster.
- Shoppers can also use their Google accounts to login to merchant sites, so there's no need to remember multiple logins and passwords," Google informed.