Microsoft MapPoint 2013, the North American version released today brings alongwith a bunch of new features and a full UX update.
"Microsoft MapPoint gives you the power to visualize sales, competitor and customer data to make better business decisions. Create information-rich maps with your data to show important relationships, identify business trends, and illustrate opportunities. When on the road, get trip routing and turn-by-turn directions to easily plan better trips."
This product is jam-packed full of business intelligence tools and includes the ability to easily visualize data sets, plus navigate your way around town….offline.
- "Updated maps of the United States and Canada, new look and 2.5M points of interest
- Hotel and restaurant reviews and ratings
- Demographic Data: Combine business data with demographics to find and target potential customers, and focus your business decisions
- Integration: Insert maps into the work you do in Microsoft Office
- GPS Ready: Create routes and share to your navigation devices
- Create Sales Territories: Share performance maps to clearly visualize, analyze, and communicate performance
- Customize Map Settings: Choose whether cities, highways, local roads and parks show on your map
- Pushpin Images: Includes those from previous versions of MapPoint
Programming: Build custom solutions and Office add-ins
- MapPoint helps you streamline your travel:
- Arrive on time. Detailed directions--voice and text-prompted--make it easy to follow your route.
- Optimize your trip. Quickly calculate mileage, drive time, and expenses in advance.
- Navigate with ease. Plan your trip on your PC and then print, or share your route to your navigation devices.
- MapPoint makes it easy to use maps in combination with your Microsoft Office documents:
- Seamlessly integrate maps into the work you do in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Office.
- Tell a story, visually. Insert maps into Word documents and PowerPoint presentations to illustrate everything from sales performance and customer locations to new business opportunities.
- Tap into existing data sources. Create maps from data stored in current versions of Office Excel, Office Access, Microsoft SQL Server, or other database sources.
- Extend your business. Take advantage of the extensible MapPoint object model to build custom business solutions such as fleet tracking and business intelligence," Microsoft informed.