foursquare now shows updates in the friends tab from the places "where you're a loyal customer" and when you're in the same city of the place.
To get the updates, there's no extra work for you to do: "4sq will automatically show you updates from the "place you've checked in often or liked it," and when you're in the same city," the comapny said.
Of course, if don't want updates from a business any more, you can turn them off with one tap -- "Tap through the most recent update, swipe to the bottom of the detail screen, and tap the 'updates from [name] are on' to opt out."
Also, when you look for places in Explore or when you check in, you'll see these updates on the page - kind of like the chalkboard where a restaurant writes its daily specials. For example, "when you're on Northern Spy Food Co.'s page, you'll see their recent update about their latest seasonal drink," 4sq explains.
To see what these look like in action, check out some of the businesses that have started sharing updates here.
For those who manage a place on foursquare, this will all be available to you later this week (for free!).
Foursqures also shared, some amazing milestone they've achieved- there are nearly "1,000,000 businesses claimed on foursquare -- and that the comapny now has 20,000,000-strong community of users."
From the sun and sand of Perth to bibimbap and Gangnam-gu of Seoul, foursquare's got you covered with its newest city badges!
"Check in to five places on the Lucky Seoul or Sandgroper city badge lists at foursquare.com/4sqcities to unlock these little beauties."
4sq adds now when claim your location on foursquare, you'll see redesigned merchant dashboard when you log in. You'll notice "ton of new features" that make managing locations easy and intuitive.
Share updates with your loyal customers
Updates can be anything - from news about an upcoming event to photos of the daily specials, and they show up right in your customers' friends tab when they're in the same city.
- Talk to your loyal customers. 4sqautomatically connect you with people who have liked your business, or who check in there often.
- Your updates are shared everywhere. Updates go to your fans, on business page, appear after a person checks in, and show up in foursquare Explore.
- Updates are easy to create. You can quickly attach photos, specials, and share to Twitter and Facebook - it's as easy as writing a tweet.
In addition to local updates, 4sq also revamped its merchant tools:
- Share at all your locations, a few, or just one. Managing multiple locations just got a million times simpler. Create one special for all your locations, or craft a unique identity for each (or anything in between).
- Measure your success. Dashboard now has more tabs, fancier graphics and better insights into location's visitors and performance. You can view aggregated stats across all your locations, a handful of places, or just one.
- Run specials with ease. Create and run specials at a group of places or a single location without any extra steps. Use the new toggle button to easily end or reactivate past campaigns.
Watch the video embedded below demonstrating local updates: