Google also just released Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) to all Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ devices --meaning only SIM-unlocked devices will be prompted for the update.
Wolfram|Alpha front page, filled with interactive, hand-drawn sketches t
"The rollout of Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, begins today, starting with Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ devices...If you've got a Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ device, you will receive a prompt alerting you to the update over the next several days". Please folks, don't become hamsters in the wheel constantly pressing "Check Now"," Google posted.
Google also is rolling out Android 4.1.1 to the Nexus 7 tablet.
Users with the HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus, just simply go to Settings > About Phone > System updates to grab Jelly Bean for your device. If you can't see the update on your HSPA+ device still, here's is the direct link to download it.
A tutorial for manually getting Jelly Bean on the GSM carrier-locked Galaxy Nexus devices courtesy of Android Police is as under:
You will need a few tools, namely ClockworkMod recovery, the fastboot files you used to unlock your bootloader, and the OTA package. Grab them here:
- ClockworkMod recovery for the HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus
- The OTA package if you are running 4.1 (Google links)
- The OTA package if you're coming from 4.0.4 (Google links)
Next you'll need to find the folder where your fastboot installation resides. Place the ClockworkMod recovery image file (it has a .img file extension) in the folder with fastboot. Copy the OTA package zip file to the storage on your phone. Shut your phone off, then hold both volume up and volume down, then press power to enter the bootloader. Now follow along!
- "Plug your phone into a high-speed USB port on the host computer.
- Open the command line on the host computer, and browse to the folder where fatsboot and the ClockworkMod image are located.
- At the command line, you're going to tell your phone to reboot into ClockworkMod. You're not going to flash anything. If you're running windows on the host machine, type in fastboot-windows.exe boot recovery-clockwork-220.127.116.11-maguro.img . If you're using a Mac or Linux, type in fastboot boot recovery-clockwork-18.104.22.168-maguro.img .
- Your Galaxy Nexus will reboot into ClockworkMod recovery, where you can follow the on screen instructions and flash the OTA package you downloaded and copied to the phone in the beginning of this procedure.
- When you're all done, choose to reboot your system from the ClockworkMod recovery menu. You will boot normally, into Jelly Bean, and since we didn't flash CWM, you're still 100% stock," explains Android Police.
Also, Wolfram Alpha, who currently helps Apple's personal voice assistant "Siri" answer some questions -- Now, entered in to a partnership with Samsung to power searches on Galaxy S III, and Galaxy Note.
Both the Android devices will now include the Wolfram|Alpha knowledge base with S Voice and S Note applications.
"By simply tapping the home button and speaking, users will be able to get answers to factual questions by drawing on the expert knowledge of Wolfram|Alpha."
GALAXY Note users can also gain access to Wolfram|Alpha using the S Pen optimized S Note application available through the Premium Suite software upgrade. "With the GALAXY Note's S Pen, users can get answers to an equation or perform a knowledge search simply by writing it out. Users can even write formulas, such as y = 2x + 3, and the S Note app will use Wolfram|Alpha to plot and solve the equation. Users can also write words, and S Note will query Wolfram|Alpha to find the answer," explained Wolfram|Alpha.
Also, Wolfram|Alpha's front page has now been redesigned, filled with interactive, hand-drawn sketches that offer a brand new way to interact and learn with Wolfram|Alpha.
"We've gone through our Examples page and illustrated some of our favorite queries to provide our users with a brand new way to experience Wolfram|Alpha and learn interesting facts. Each of the nearly 300 custom sketches refers to just one example taken from Wolfram|Alpha's vast knowledge base, and clicking one will take you directly to a corresponding results page," said Wolfram"Alpha.
This not only allows visitors to easily explore a wide variety of knowledge, but it also acts as an interactive starting point for those looking to learn more about the answers Wolfram|Alpha can provide.