DoubleClick Search just announced its Date range comparison feature, that gives search advertisers the power to evaluate the performance of campaigns over time, see the impact of changes, and improve on the results of their search ad campaigns.
With the new Date Comparison feature, advertisers have another valuable tool to manage and improve the results of their search ad campaigns and let you see performance changes at a glance for all metrics in the scorecard, or for a single metric in the chart.
To compare date ranges:
- In the upper righthand corner of the UI, select the first date range as usual
- Select the Compare to past check box
- Select the second date range in the dropdown that appears
- Click Apply.
With date comparison you can:
- "Easily compare to prior period or prior year: Comparing this week to last week is just a click away in the UI, as is comparing this month to the same month last year.
- Set your own date ranges with Compare custom date ranges.
- Download date comparison reports to Excel for more in depth reporting.
- Compare by percentage change or absolute change so you can rely on the metric that is most important for your business.
- See date comparisons in columns to easily sort and view multiple items.
- Detect trends even with day of week variations with a chart that smartly aligns to show you the most meaningful performance comparisons.
- Work effectively over longer time periods with automatic aggregation to weeks for ranges 3 months or longer," DS team informs.