The Rock Paper Azure Challenge is back for Windows Azure developer in the US.
If you, remember how to play Rock, Paper, Scissors? So, then be sure to take the Rock, Paper, Azure Challenge for your chance at prizes and bragging rights. In this online game, developers code their own player "Bot", host it on Windows Azure, and battle other competitors for weekly prizes.
"Throughout the competition, as bots are uploaded into the "Spring Fling" weekly round by various players, they will play each other automatically and these results are instantly viewable on the Leaderboard. You must enter your bot in the "Spring Fling" weekly round to be eligible for both the sweepstakes and the weekly Friday contests. You may make changes to your bot at any time," Microsoft stated.
Everyone who participates and uploads a bot will receive the official Rock Paper Azure Challenge t-shirt and Stress Ball.
There is no limit to how many times you can win. If you create the best bot every week, you win every week. The top three (3) bots each Friday from April 20th through June 15th will win the following prize:
- First Place: One (1) $50 Best Buy Gift Card
- Second Place: One (1) $25 Best Buy Gift Card
- Third Place: One (1) $10 Best Buy Gift Card
At the close of the overall contest period on June 15, 2012, three winners will be randomly selected to receive one of the following prizes:
- First Prize. A Nokia Lumia 800 Windows Phone. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $499.00
- Second Prize. A 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $299.00
- Third Prize. A Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $150.00
Learn more about the Rock Paper Azure challenge works here.