In order to help improve the AdWords campaign building process, Google rolling out improvements to the Keyword Tool and Traffic Estimator. You'll find the updated Keyword Tool and Traffic Estimator in the AdWords interface over the next couple of weeks.
In addtion to the improvements mentioned under, Google is also improving the quality and accuracy of the traffic estimates by using performance history to better gauge traffic estimates. This means that going forward you'll have to log in to AdWords to use Traffic Estimator, posted by Deepti Bhatnagar, AdWords Product Manager.
Improvements to the Keyword Tool including:
- See keyword ideas grouped by themes: The updated Keyword Tool, let you easily view suggestions for new ad group themes and quickly choose to add ad groups directly to your account.
- Seamless Traffic Estimator integration: You can now easily view Traffic Estimator data for the keywords you select in the Keyword Tool to make better campaign strategy decisions.
Changes to Traffic Estimator include:
- Graph your performance estimates introduces today makes it easier to gauge traffic and bid estimates and develop an effective bidding strategy.
- Structure your keywords into ad groups: "You can now create draft ad groups within the Traffic Estimator and easily view traffic and bid estimates for each of your draft ad groups," informs Bhatnagar.
- Add campaigns to your account: "When you're satisfied with your campaign structure, you can add the draft campaign directly to your account."