Microsoft made available 14 guided labs of System Center 2012. "Interested in learning first hand exactly how a Microsoft private cloud can help your business? Our new guided labs will show you how a Microsoft private cloud, built on System Center 2012 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, dramatically changes the way your business consumes IT services," Microsoft explains.
"A Microsoft private cloud dramatically changes the way your business produces and consumes IT services by creating a layer of abstraction over your pooled IT resources. This allows your datacenter to offer true infrastructure service capability as well as optimally managed application services," says Microsoft.
"If you are interested in a more comprehensive private cloud eval experience please visit our Private Cloud Evaluation Software page. There you will also find our new Microsoft Private Cloud Evaluation Guide. This 150 page free document walks you through the entire set-up and configuration process," the company notes.
Core Capabilities Addressed in the Guided Labs:
- Provide resources through self-service requests
- Drive consistent Service Delivery
- Provision additional cloud infrastructure
- Delegate cloud resources
- Create consistency through service templates
- Perform a standardized application deployment to test
- Stage application resources
- Self-service deployment of an application to a production environment
- Gain insight and visibility through reporting
- Monitor infrastructure
- Taking corrective actions in the infrastructure
- Reduce time to resolution with application performance monitoring
- Deploy an update to service instance
- Explore creating dashboards
Interested in accessing the aforementioned interactive labs, you will have to register here. Once done, Microsoft will be provide the customer with resources for further guidance via email.