Foursquare announced that they now seeing 20 million checkins.
"In 2010, foursquare fans declared April 16 4sqDay (4/4^2 - nerds after our own heart!). Two years and two billion check-ins later, you're still why we get out of bed each day," said foursquare.
Thanks to all 20 million of you for making us part of your lives.
"4sqDay is a community-started celebration, powered by foursquare fans around the world."
To honor, the day, foursqure offering specials through businesses, both big and small. Here are a few:
- In the US, Bing is giving away Nokia Lumia 900 Windows® Phones to 6 random winners who follow Bing on foursquare and share a check-in with the #Bing4sq hashtag to twitter.
- Also in the US, McDonald's giving the first ten people to tweet their McDonald's check-ins every hour from 10am-3pm a free shirt.
- Domino's UK will be sending pizza to the London #4sqDay meetup in Trafalgar Square.
- Sonar will be joining the fun at the LA and Ithaca #4sqDay meetups
- Scoutmob will be repping meetups in Atlanta and San Francisco.
- In Tampa (where 4sqDay began!), McDonald's and Ikea are both running specials.
Find one near you http://meetup.com/foursquare.