System Center Monitoring Pack for SQL Azure CTP, a new tool enables you to monitor the availability and performance of applications that are running on SQL Azure. The new Monitoring Pack for SQL Azure is easy to use and offers an intuitive setup process and it also comes with a wizard that will help you to discover SQL Azure servers and databases.
In addition to offering info on connectivity status for your SQL Azure server, the pack will deliver details on health, space usage (including free space and allocated quota), and will also be able to track the total number of databases per server.
After configuration, the SQL Azure Monitoring Management Pack offers the following functionalities:
- Wizard to discover SQL Azure servers and databases
- Provides connectivity status of SQL azure server.
- Collects and monitor health of SQL azure databases.
- Space monitoring
- Used space
- Free space
- Total allocated quota
- Track the total number of databases per server
- Collects and monitors performance information.
- Average memory per session
- Total memory per session
- Total CPU time per session
- Total I/O per session
- Number of database sessions
- Maximum Transaction execution time
- Maximum Transaction lock count
- Maximum Transaction log space used
- Network Egress/Ingress bandwidth
- Highly optimized PowerShell based infrastructure to efficiently monitors SQL Azure.
- Ability to define Custom thresholds for each monitor to configure the warning and critical alerts.
- Run-as profile to securely connect to SQL azure
- Detailed knowledge to guide the IT operator with troubleshooting the problem
- Custom tasks to redirect the user to the SQL azure online portal
You can download the System Center Monitoring Pack for SQL Azure - CTP Download Center.