Microsoft Security Response Center posted details about the February security updates scheduled to a Tuesday, February 14, 10 AM Pacific Time release.
The February Advanced Bulletin Notification will release 9 bulletins including to patch the vulnerabilities in:
- Windows Operating System and Components (including: Windows 7, XP, Vista, 2003, Windows Server 2008, and 2008 R2)
- Microsoft Office Suites and Software
- Microsoft Server Software
- Microsoft Developer Tools and Software
See the screens below for more detailed information:
MSRC also revealed that Microsoft's Security Development Lifecycle system has been downloaded over 850,000 times so far.
Two open source tools from Microsoft released today provide support for the Open Data Protocol (OData) for PHP and MySQL developers working on any platform:
- The OData Producer Library for PHP, an open source server library that helps PHP developers expose data sources for querying via OData. (This is essentially a PHP port of certain aspects of the OData functionality found in System.Data.Services.)
- The OData Connector for MySQL, an open source command-line tool that generates an implementation of the OData Producer Library for PHP from a specified MySQL database.
These tools are open-source (BSD license), so you can download them and start using them immediately at no cost, on Linux, Windows, or any PHP platform.
For more detailed information about working with the OData Connector for MySQL, refer to the user guide available on the project site on Codeplex.
Here are the diagrams for OData Producer Library for PHP and OData Connector for MySQL:
Also, Microsoft adding new feature to the next version of story creator for Windows Phone to add caption text support for each photo. "This includes related settings such as text font and color."
"we decided to create a custom color picker that is similar to the one you find in Expression Studio. In Expression Studio, you have a nice color picker. Below is Expression Web's color picker," informs Microsoft.
In the screenshot below, the top control is a custom control, the color picker. The bottom color list is for comparison, to show what you will get if you simply want to allow users to select from a known color list.
You can download the prototype here.
Also, available is a sample called "Story Creator," a Windows Phone 7.0 application that combines several technologies, such as Windows Phone, Windows Azure, WCF, and C++.
The focuses on the next release are:
- Upgrade to Windows Phone 7.1
- Create a Windows 8 XAML version of the client application, using .NET (not C++)
- Create a Windows 8 HTML version of the client application
- Port the C++ native video encoding component (used in the worker role) to a custom WinRT component
- Add some new features, such as caption text for each photo, and secondary tiles integration with Windows Phone/Windows 8
- Fix bugs
- Refactor code
You can download the Store Creator here.