Microsoft Advertising announced the new features and functionality to their January 2012 adCenter release update in both the UI and tools, the Customer and Partner Experience team. Here's what you'll find in the January 2012 adCenter release:
Import AdWords Campaigns to adCenter without changing Ad description
- To help simplify importing ads from Google AdWords and align with industry standards, adCenter increased the number of allowable characters in ad descriptions from 70 to 71.
- Now you can easily import ads from AdWords to adCenter both through the UI and through the adCenter Desktop without changing your ad description.
Quick campaign budget overview: Now there is a new budget gadget on the home page dashboard provides a simplified campaign budget overview that doesn't require any additional plug-ins or programs, such as Silver Light.
Refine Mobile Ad targeting: You can now target your ad campaigns to specific smartphones and other devices, such as tablets including:
- "Mobile OS supported options include Windows Phone, iPhone, Android, and Blackberry.
- Tablet OS supported options include iOS, Android, and RIM.
- Create and customize specific campaigns based on device type to better target potential customers and improve campaign performance," informedTina Kelleher.
You can learn more about the features released in the January 2012 adCenter Upgrade in the Microsoft Advertising Support Center.