Chevrolet along with Microsoft Advertising created a global filmmaker contest in which the winner will be featured during the 2012 Super Bowl.
"The contest dubbed "Chevrolet Route 66 hub" will be promoted across multiple Microsoft sites, including MSN, MSN Video and Bing Video," informs Stephen Kim.
Adding "The hub will be localized in nine countries - the US, UK, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, India, China, Germany and France. The Bing Translator API is integrated into the experience to allow participants to take part in the commentary no matter where they are in the world," Kim said.
What's new or unique about the hub?
- All of the films live in one place on one page. The video wall is designed to make discovering, viewing and sharing as easy and efficient as possible with sharing features.
- Its responsive design is built for cross-compatibility and seamless access from virtually any device.
- Content is localized to users' locale and include a localized UI with video subtitles based on the browser preferences of the users.
- Bing Translator APIs are integrated in the user commentary so users can read what other users are saying about the films around the world.
- The hub goes live today in nine markets, including Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Mexico, United Kingdom and here in the United States.
The hub will give $10,000! to a person who shares the most videos.
The contest runs through January 25, 2012 at 11:59:59 GMT, with the winners announced within two weeks of the contest conclusion.
Read more here.