Just in time for holidays, Yahoo! dropped new features and content for Livestand app for iPad. Here's a look at what is new in the app today:
- A new recipe finder in Shine from Yahoo! so you can browse recipes and create handy shopping lists. Cooking for a holiday celebration? This is a great time saver.
- Local deals from your favorite sites like Groupon, LivingSocial or Bloomspot are now seamlessly integrated into Yahoo! Today and Shine from Yahoo!.
- New Guest Mode to allow you to take a tour and experience Livestand without signing in. It's now a lot easier for your friends and family to take a peek at what Livestand would be for them. Just make sure to get your iPad back when they're done!
- Twitter integration to share articles, videos and more with a few taps. Simply log into your Twitter account through "Settings" on your iPad and start socializing.
- New publications, including:
- Shine from Yahoo!
- Technology Review published by MIT
- The Ticket from Yahoo! News (a new title focused entirely on the 2012 Elections)
- Victorian Christmas
- Big Think
"Livestand is your living magazine app, where the news and stories you care about come to life with visually stunning photos and videos. Explore its publications for breaking headlines, celebrity news, sports, or whatever you're into--as you've never seen it. You'll lose yourself for hours with its electrifying images and captivating content. Livestand is the ultimate tapping, scrolling, and swiping magazine experience!"
You can download the free Livestand app via iTunes App Store.