Yahoo! rolled out a couple new search experiences just in time for the holidays, introducing rich.
First, on popular demand "Product Pulse" is back, Yodel will be relaunching the bi-monthly roundup of Yahoo!'s latest and greatest product announcements and redesigns.
Key changes include:
- "New Recipe results
Just search on Yahoo! for a food item + recipes (for example: "apple recipes" or "artichoke recipes") and a window will appear on top of the search results page with top popular choices from leading food sites. Scroll through the recipe ideas, share recipes with your Facebook friends and click the tabs for filtered results such as "quick recipes" for less than 30 minutes cook time.
Prior to new display, a search for "apple recipes" would include the standard algorithmic results (i.e., 10 blue links) along with a small shortcut at the top of the search results pointing searchers to recipes on shine.yahoo.com, Yahoo's lifestyle content site for women.
- Dietary restrictions
You can filter by ingredients to spend less time searching and more time cooking. Simply click on 'Filter by Ingredient' and select the ingredient you want to include or avoid.
- Recipe Search Tab helps you narrow down the results of recipes, sort by preparation time, star rating, diet, meal type, occasion, or source. Click the new Recipes search tab for a page full of ideas, with a left tab full of new filters for ingredients you want and don't want, total cooking time, rating, diet (including choices such as low calorie, low carb, low sodium and low cholesterol), meal type, occasion and source.
- New Shopping Results
No need to visit and compare multiple products across multiple sites -select up to five products and let us do the comparison for you. Find key information, such as prices, specifications, and warranty information.
You can also share products with your friends. Login to your Facebook account, and instantly ask your friends what they think!
- Updated Entertainment results on Yahoo! Search present you with immediate answers about your favorite movies, music artists, celebrities and news stories. The all new query experiences, lets you browse through deep content and quickly scan the most important information, like cooking time or price," revealed Yahoo search blog.
1) a slider with top-rated recipes from AllRecipes.com and other sources; 2) a Filter by Ingredient option; 3) the obligatory Facebook sharing tool; 4) new tabs to filter search results based on their calorie count and preparation time; 5) a new "Recipes" tab.
Other changes on Yahoo.com includes:
- Customizable content categories - Pick the categories you want displayed on your homepage and personalize the page by placing them in any order you like
- More video content - Access more multimedia experiences from your homepage, including the top Yahoo! original programs
- Even more headlines upfront - Easily expand the headline count from 4 to 10 stories on your page to get a fuller view of the day's news
Also, coming is the more "relevant and personalized advertising" experiences:
- Proximity Match helps advertisers market effectively at a local level, targeting consumers according to the distance between their home address and a retail or business location.
- Audience Match is a solution that targets offline customers and prospects online (using offline data from partners such as Experian, Acxiom and IXI).
- Consumer Direct, which is a purchase-based targeting and measurement solution, now includes a host of new capabilities and features that enable marketers to target specific consumer segments at scale and measure the offline impact of their online campaigns.
Also, announced that the Yahoo! Mail is now available in Arabic language user interface, an updated rich text editor so users can write and respond to emails and IMs in Arabic, and personalized local content courtesy of Yahoo! Maktoob. Sign-up at Yahoo! Maktoob.
Finally, Yahoo! announces 8 new original shows available on Yahoo! Screen such as "Arrested Development" actress Judy Greer in the healthy living show "Reluctantly Healthy." Yahoo! Screen also features content from Hulu, Fox, NBC, TLC, and many more video sources.