The holiday shopping season is just around the corner! Google is highlighting AdWords Product Listing Ads, which allow shoppers to see the exact products you offer before they even reach your site, leading to more clicks, higher quality leads, and higher ROI for your search ads. Google says, "users are twice as likely to click on Product Listing Ads than on text ads in the same location for shopping queries."
In a November 15 blog post, Andrew Truong, Product Marketing Manager, Product Ads posted details of recent enhancements made to 'Product Listing Ads' to make them more effective this season:
- More featured products in the Product Listing Ads' (top ad location) can now show up to 5 products at a time, giving users more shopping choices and allowing more advertisers to promote their inventories in all countries with Product Listing Ads.
- More traffic since AdWords to al lUS advertisers, "we've seen significant growth with an overall 600% increase in traffic to retailers from Product Listing Ads compared to last year," revealed Truong.
Here is how can you take advantage of this opportunity?
- "Optimize bids and plan for budgets for holiday season - Bid competitively and appropriately for your expected holiday sales. Also, ensure that your budgets aren't limiting your ability to capture the growing holiday traffic.
- Feature all of your products - Use the "All Products" product target to ensure you are running Product Listing Ads on all of your inventory.
- Review Merchant Center data quality errors and suggestions - Check the Data Quality tab in Merchant Center to ensure you are providing us with enough information to help us match your products to more and better customer queries.
- Use promotional messages to highlight special promotions - Messages such as "Free Shipping," coupon codes, or "Extended Warranty Special" can help your ad stand out," expalined Truong.