Starting today, now you can share photos on Twitter by including a "photo in your text message." Just enter the text of your Tweet as you normally would, attach a photo to the message and send to Twitter, annouounced Twitter.
Here are few other text messaging updates and tips to check out:
- Fast Follow: Fast Follow, which was unitl now available in the U.S. is now available globally with any carrier that offers Twitter SMS. With Fast Follow anyone can instantly receive Tweets on their phone, even if they don't have a Twitter account, by simply sending a text message. Read more about how Fast Follow works here.
- SMS Commands: There are a few useful one-word commands that you can send to Twitter to get information.
- "Suggest": lets you get suggestions for accounts to follow
- "Stats": sends you your basic profile info, including your bio info, number of followers and the number of accounts you follow
- "Help" or "Tips": to get handy Twitter SMS tips
The photo sharing via tweet is currently available with: AT&T, Verizon Wireless and Cellular South in the US; Vodafone, O2 and Orange in the UK; Vodafone Italy; Rogers Communications in Canada; VIVA Bahrain; and, TIM Brazil.