Google Earth 6.1 update released today includes enhancements to make Google Earth easier than ever for both everyday users and business professionals.
Easier to use My Places
"With this release, Google added a couple of new features: first, added an ability to sort a folder - just right click on any folder and choose "Sort A-Z." Second, My Places search feature is now easier to find; now all you have to do is type in the name of a map or a feature and it will highlight in the My Places panel," informed Peter Birch, Product Manager.
Improved Street View
Birch said they've now "added more Street View features, including better zoom control through the slider tool and a wider field of view similar to Google Maps. You can also navigate from one place to another with just a single-click of the mouse." These features make Street View in Google Earth more immersive, while performance improvements create a faster, smoother overall experience.
Google also released Google Earth Pro! Version 6.1, which focuses on user experience improvements that empower professionals to make faster geographic-related business decisions.
Key feature enhancements in version 6.1 include:
- Enhanced Print Layout: Print maps and overlays in premium resolution for tactile collaboration with key stakeholders. Improved output and paper handling allow fine controls for professional-looking deliverables.
- Simplified Movie Maker: Create professional video presentations to share with your target audience. Render saved tours as videos, or take the director's seat and record live actions from the 3D viewer.
- Consolidated Measurement Tool: View path length and elevation profile in one window to better understand the 3D environment surrounding your area of interest.
- Expanded Data Styling: With 64 unique styling attributes available for each imported dataset (compared with eight in previous versions), users have greater control over the look and feel of their data.
- Improved Networking Infrastructure: Earth Pro 6.1 offers better support for network proxies and SSL certificates commonly found in corporate networking environments, making it easier for business to use Google Earth Pro within their network security guidelines.
You can download Google Earth and Earth Pro 6.1 here.