If you're designing display ads and have direct response goals, your ads need to catch the user's eye, convey key information, and encourage them to click and explore your website. To get you started, Inside AdWords team published the top ten tips that will help drive effective direct response marketing campaigns.
Here are top six:
- Call-to-Action phrase or button encourages users to click on your ad and clearly lets them know what is coming next. While call-to-actions such as "Buy Now!" may be common, using indirect call-to-actions like "Explore Now" or short phrases "Travel Your Dream" help encourage action without demanding a strong commitment.
- Call-to-Action in Every Frame: Include a call-to-action & key message in every frame of your ad - especially the final frame. When your animation stops, your ad will continue to compel action from users.
- Company or Brand logo: Keeping in front of users in all frames. This will highlight your brand and can heighten credibility and increase your click-through rate.
- Clear Value Proposition
Include a clear, compelling message highlighting the benefit of your product or service. If your ad is animated, consider presenting a value proposition in each frame. Users should feel as though they are missing out on something by not clicking.
- Sense of Urgency. Referring to deadlines or limits in quantity and availability can persuade users to give your message consideration right away.
- Balance Text & Images to convey your message. Text and images are processed by different parts of the brain. Integrating both into your ad - harmoniously - can help you influence viewers cognitively and emotionally. Complementary text and images may help viewers remember your ad long after they have seen it.
We have embedded complete creative checklisht below (read only), for your offline reference you can download it here: