Yahoo! just released an update to the Yahoo! Messenger app for iOS that now "allows you to stay signed in to your chats on your desktop PC computers, Android mobile phones and now, iDevices at the same time! You get notified about new messages where you are active which means you never have to miss a conversation," announced Yahoo messenger blog.
Along with this update, the company has also added premium voice out to iPad.
What's New in Version 2.2
- Stay signed in to your chats on your iDevice and Windows PC at the same time - receive messages only where you are active.
- Enabled Phone Out on iPad
- Improved stability and performance
Smart features include:
- Voice and Video: Make free voice and video calls to your Yahoo! Messenger contacts
- Yahoo! Phone Out: Make low cost international calls to landlines or mobile phones with your Yahoo! Voice Phone Out account
- Works with Windows Live: Add MSN Messenger contacts to your Messenger list and manage all your contacts in one place
- Always On: Stay signed in to your chats on your iDevice and Windows PC at the same time - receive messages only where you are active
- Multitasking: A notification alerts you when an IM arrives, even when the app is running in the background
- Send free international SMS messages: Text your friends in the USA, Philippines, Vietnam, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Canada, Pakistan, Kuwait and Thailand
- Show and tell: Capture and share photos and video in real-time
You can download Yahoo! Messenger - free SMS, video & voice calls from the iTunes App Store