The SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 3 CTP is now available for free download form Microsoft Download center.
"Service Pack 3 for SQL Server 2008 includes product improvements based on requests from the SQL Server community and hotfix solutions provided in SQL Server 2008 SP2 Cumulative Updates 1 to 4," Microsoft noted.
"With this Service pack, Microsoft is introducing approximately 65% fewer changes to customer configurations compared to previous SQL Server Service Pack releases. This remarkable improvement is a testament to an evolved and disciplined product development process and updated servicing strategy that is focused on ease of deployment and customer environment stability," informed the SQL Server team.
The following highlight a few key updates requested by customers in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP3:
- Upgrade: Improved the experience for customers when upgrading SQL Server from previous versions and improving installation performance & robustness.
- SSIS: In SSIS, logs will now show total number of rows sent in Data Flows.
- Added warning message when creating the maintenance plan if the Shrink Database option is enabled.
- Fixed the permission issue on shared memory which caused SQLAgent.exe failed to run from command line.
- Improved the compatibility of WMI with Next Major Release.
- Full-Text Search: Full-text query was enhanced to support multiple-language stemming.
To download the SQL Server 2008 SP3 release please select from the links below: