Photovine mobile app by Google's Slide team until was in a closed beta testing with a very limited number of users since July this year. But, not anymore - the apps is just pushed to Apple's App Store and is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Photovien is basically a photo-sharing application for iOS that puts an emphasis on "vines". That is, photo-centric moments or ideas that connect you with other users. It all starts with what we call a photovine: a group of photos around a single, shared caption. Start a new vine with a photo and caption of your own or add your photo/take on someone else's vine.
If you've heard of the app Piictu, this is similar.
Features of Photovine includes:
- Invite system replaced with open signup - everyone can join Photovine now!
- Crash fix for posting a photo when the feed has a timeline break
- If user adds a note to a post, include that note as the first comment
- Ability to post photos to Facebook and Twitter
- Find friends from Facebook and Twitter
- SMS and email invites
You can download Photovine for your iOS devices from iTunes App Store.