On July 12, diTii.com reported the release of Microsoft's SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1, which is available on the Microsoft Download Center as well as through Microsoft Update.
Here're some additional information and resources:
"The primary packages for SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 will update systems with Standard, Workgroup, Developer and Enterprise editions installed.
For customers looking to upgrade their SQL Server 2008 R2 installations through Microsoft update, please point your browser to http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx and perform a "Custom" scan as Service Pack 1 is an optional update. The SP1 packages will be offered for each language and platform supported. Theses updates will also be available through Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)," revealed SQL team.
- SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1
- SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Express
- SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Feature Packs
- Knowledge Base Article For SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 (KB 2528583)
- How to: Install SQL Server 2008 R2 (Setup)
- How to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2008 R2 (Setup)