Microsoft has jsut updated the developer training kit that show you how to combine the power of both SharePoint 2010 and Windows Azure has been updated.
"SharePoint 2010 provides many ways to integrate with Azure. From simple SQL Azure data-centric applications to complex workflow that leverages custom Azure services, there is great potential to integrate these two growing technologies. The kit contains twelve modules that include PowerPoint decks, hands-on labs and source code that shows how the SharePoint 2010 platform and Windows Azure platform can work together."
SharePoint + Azure Dev Training Units:
- Windows Azure Development Overview. This unit provides an overview of the Windows Azure Platform, to understand the services Microsoft is providing as part of the Windows Azure Platform, the key concepts, and how to get started.
- SharePoint 2010 Development Overview. This unit will help you get started with development for SharePoint 2010 using Visual Studio 2010.
- Getting Started with Integrating SharePoint 2010 and Windows Azure This unit introduces some of the ways in which you can integrate SharePoint 2010 and Windows Azure.
- Integrating Windows Azure Web Services with SharePoint 2010. This unit describes key Windows Azure components and features and identifies integration points and common solution patterns for combining SharePoint 2010 and Windows Azure.
- Integrating jQuery, SharePoint 2010 and WCF Services in Windows Azure. In this unit you will learn how SharePoint AJAX Enabled Web Parts can communicate with Windows Azure Services using JQuery.
- Integrating Windows Azure in Office 2010 Solutions. This unit covers the different ways you can integrate Office 2010 with the cloud.
- Using Bing Maps in SharePoint 2010 with SQL Azure and Business Connectivity Services. This unit provides an introduction to working with SQL Azure, SharePoint 2010 and the Bing Maps Platform.
- Securing Windows Azure Services for SharePoint 2010. This unit provides a background on how to use Windows Identity Foundation for securing Windows Azure Services on SharePoint 2010.
- Using Windows Azure Blob Storage with SharePoint 2010. This unit provides an overview of Windows Azure Data Storage and various Blob storage related artifacts and interfaces. It also explains how to integrate Azure Blobs with SharePoint 2010 for elastic storage.
- Azure Hosted Application Design Pattern for SharePoint. This unit explains the Windows Azure Hosted Application Design Pattern and associated development patterns. It also explains the SharePoint 2010 Sandbox Solutions and challenges associated with it.
- Using Windows Azure with SharePoint Event Handlers. This unit introduces Azure Worker Roles and details how to call and communicate with Worker Roles from a SharePoint Event Handler.
- Using Windows Azure with SharePoint Workflow. This unit explains how to call and communicate with Worker Roles from a Workflow. It also introduces Pluggable Services and how to use it with Azure Worker Roles.
You can view the online MSDN version of the training course here.
You can also download an offline version of the course, which allows you to store the hands-on labs and presentations on your local computer.