Microsoft's Windows Azure team just announced the immediate availability of an updated Windows Azure Platform Management Portal. "This updated portal is designed to make the Windows Azure management experience more intuitive and efficient," said the Azure team.
Enhancements in this new release include:
- Localization: The Portal is now available in 11 languages: newly supported languages are Japanese, German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, French, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese. Users can choose their desired language from the language chooser in the top left pane of the Portal.
- Context Menus: To drive a more intuitive user experience, the Portal now supports right click menus in the "Hosted Services, Storage & CDN" pane.
- Performance Improvements: Users can expect to see significantly lower initial load times with the addition of a local temporary cache and the optimization of network bandwidth consumption. When the new portal is first loaded, it will prompt users to increase the local storage amount.
- "To minimize associated security risks, we do not store any sensitive data in the local store. We do not create the local cache if users are browsing "In private" mode," the Azure team stated.
- Enhanced Delete Deployment: Developers can now delete running deployments. In earlier versions, developers had to wait for a deployment to stop before it could be deleted. With this new version you can now delete running Windows Azure deployments as well.
[Source: Windows Azure]