Bing Maps introduced three new modules and several new features for the AJAX 7.0 map control.
The new modules help you:
- Calculate driving directions using new Microsoft.Maps.Directions module. This makes it easier than ever to integrate driving, transit, and walking directions into your applications.
- Display a venue map using Microsoft.Maps.VenueMaps module. Venue maps show details of what’s going on inside malls, airports, and shopping districts. Now you can show your customers not just where the building is, but exactly where your store is located inside. This is one of the most popular consumer features on Bing Maps today and now you can make it part of your apps as well.
- Show current traffic on the map using Microsoft.Maps.Traffic module. Not only does this module make it easier to show traffic conditions, the new traffic overlays that shipped with v1.2 of the road map style look better than ever.
You'll find these new features helpful:
- Set polyline and polygon stroke dash. To further customize your shapes, use the new property strokeDashArray of the PolylineOptions Object and PolygonOptions Object.
- New tile layer propertyand event. Ensure the best performance of your tile layer during animation by modifying the new animationDisplay property of the TileLayerOptions Object. Also, determine when your tile layer is fully downloaded using the new tiledownloadcomplete event.
- New map options. For increased flexibility, new options showBreadcrumb, disableBirdseye, disablePanning, and disableZooming have been added to the MapOptions Object.
You can try out these new modules and features now at the Bing Maps AJAX Control Interactive SDK.
[Source: Bing Maps blog]