The Windows Embedded team just announced that the Feature updates for Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1 are now available on ECE. "This update contains following new features, application templates and Help Content updates," revealed Lynda:
- "EWF and FBWF Filter Management Tools provide an application to monitor and configure the Enhanced Write Filter or File Based Write Filter. By default the app will start on system start and will register a notification area icon. The Management Tools have a dependency on the EWF or FBWF WMI Providers, which're available in the Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1 March 2011 Feature Update.
- Internet Explorer 9 Application Template for Standard 7 SP1 and documentation is for use with IE9. IE9 features HTML 5 support, Pinned Sites, In-Private Browsing and Tab isolation and recovery.
- Update Rollup 1 for Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 Application Template for Standard 7 SP1 and documentation is for use with FEP 2010 --enables businesses to align security and management to improve endpoint protection while greatly reducing operational costs. It builds on System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 and R3, allowing customers to use their existing client management infrastructure to deploy and manage endpoint protection. This shared infrastructure helps reduce ownership costs while providing improved visibility and control over endpoint management and security.
- Help topics for the following Standard 7 SP1 packages are included in the help content update:
- File-based Write Filter Management Tool
- Enhanced Write Filter Management Tool
- File-based Write Filter WMI Provider
- Enhanced Write Filter WMI Provider, stated Lynda.
All the above new features are rolled into the Window Embedded Standard 7 SP1 June 2011 Feature Update.