Social reporting is just getting started, Google today released new reports that show you the value that the Google's +1 buttons bring to your site. First, +1 metrics in Google Webmaster Tools can show you how the +1 button affects the traffic coming to your pages:
- "Search Impact report gives you an idea of how +1's affect your organic search traffic. You can find out if your clickthrough rate changes when personalized recommendations help your content stand out. Do this by comparing clicks and impressions on search results with and without +1 annotations. We'll only show statistics on clickthrough rate changes when you've enough impressions for a meaningful comparison.
- Activity report shows you how many times your pages have been +1'd, from buttons both on your site and on other pages (such as Google search).
- Finally, Audience report shows you aggregate geographic and demographic info about the Google users who've +1'd your pages. To protect privacy, we'll only show audience information when a significant number of users have +1'd pages from your site," google explained.
"Use the +1 Metrics menu on the side of the page to view your reports. If you haven't yet verified your site on Google Webmaster Tools, you can follow these instructions to get access."
- "Social Engagement report lets you see how site behavior changes for visits that include clicks on +1 buttons or other social actions. This allows you to determine, for example, whether people who +1 your pages during a visit are likely to spend more time on your site than people who don't.
- Social Actions report lets you track the number of social actions (+1 clicks, Tweets, etc) taken on your site, all in one place.
- Social Pages report allows you to compare the pages on your site to see which're driving highest the number of social actions," google explains.
"Over the next few days (and if you're using the default version of the latest Google Analytics tracking code), if you've added (for blogger.com) +1 buttons to your site we'll automatically enable Social Plugin Tracking for +1 in your account. You can enable tracking for other social plugins in just a few simple step," google added.
[Source: Webmaster Central]