The June 2011Community Technology Preview of the Windows Azure Plugin for Eclipse with Java is now available for download. This plugin is intended to help Eclipse users create and configure deployment packages of their Java applications for the Windows Azure cloud.
"To install, just point Eclipse's "Install New Software…" feature here. For those who have already been playing around with our Ant-based command-line tools called Windows Azure Starter Kit for Java, note that your Starter Kit projects are compatible with this plugin, in fact the plugin builds on top of the Starter Kit," informs Microsoft interoperability team.
Key features include:
- Windows Azure project creation wizard
- Helpful project structure
- Sample utility scripts for downloading or unzipping files, or logging errors in the startup script when running in the cloud
- Shortcuts to test your deployment in the Windows Azure compute emulator
- Ant-based builder
- Project properties UI for configuring Windows Azure roles (instance count, size, endpoints, names, etc)
- [New in this CTP] UI for easy remote access configuration for troubleshooting purposes, including ability to create self-signed certificates
- [New in this CTP] Schema validation and auto-complete for *.cscfg and *.csdef files
[Source: Interoperability @ Microsoft]