Fuel Tracker sample is now available in Visual Basic. Fuel Tracker is a Windows Phone 7 sample application that tracks the fuel consumption for your car.
"Fuel Tracker and its companion documentation provide guidance for building a complete Windows 7 Phone app from start to finish. The documentation describes core concepts for getting started with application development for WinP7 using Silverlight. It assumes no prior experience with phone or Silverlight development, although it does assume knowledge of general .NET Framework programming. The sample code is available in Visual Basic and C#," Microsoft stated.
The documentation includes callouts for best practices and requirements, and addresses the following developer challenges:
- How to design the user interface (UI) and choose appropriate controls, icons, and graphics.
- How to use the application bar and back button, and handle navigation between pages.
- How to store and retrieve data using isolated storage.
- How to display data in controls, allow editing, and perform validation.
- How to handle application deactivation, tombstoning, and reactivation.
- How to use the photo chooser task.
- How to prepare and upload an application for the Windows Phone Marketplace.
You can download samples from MSDN here.