The Release Candidate of the Windows Server Solutions Phone Connector for Small Business Server 2011 Essentials (aka Integrating Windows Phone 7 with your SBS 2011 Essentials Server) is now available," announced Microsoft SBS team.
"The WP7 application requires both a server sided add-in to be installed on the SBS 2011 Essentials Server, as well as Windows 7 Phone application downloadable via marketplace," sbs team stated.
The purpose of this Add-in is to enable Remote Server Management tasks for SBS 2011 Essentials including:
The user-panorama item performs basic user management tasks, including:
- Viewing user account details
- Enable or disable a user account
- Change a user account password
If you disable a user account, that's a reversible action. The moment a user account gets disabled, it causes the same effect as it would if you disable it by using the dashboard. The user's access to Remote Web Access, the phone app, and any server resources is turned off.
"Devices" is a panorama item that lets you:
- View server-joined computer and Mac details.
- View the backup status that every device last reported to the server.
- Start or stop a backup for any computer or the server (from the contextual menu).
If you pin the app to the home screen of your WP7, you'll be able to see a variety of at-a-glance info without launching into the app. An opt-in using the settings menu is required.
The at-a-glance information includes:
- Count and type of network health alerts.
- Percentage of storage use of your main disk.
- Server name sending this information.
For further information, and access to the downloadsplease visit the Microsoft Connect site.
[Source: SBS blog]