The numbers are updated in the real time:
- To visualise memory usage over time, try "Memory Graph" of Chrome Developer Tools' Timeline panel. "Open Developer Tools, switch to Timeline panel, and click "Memory" item." After you start capturing Timeline events, the graph starts updating itself:
- Heap Profiler available in Chrome Dev Channel help you finding leaks. To get a heap snapshot, open the Profiles panel in Developer Tools and press the "Take heap snapshot" button.
- snapshots diffing
- grouping objects by constructor
- calculating retained sizes of objects
- showing dominators tree
- revealing paths to GC roots or window objects
In addition, the heap profiler takes into account native DOM nodes, and allows you to uncover DOM-related memory leaks.