Yahoo!'s latest version of Yahoo! Mail is moving out of Beta and is deemed as 2x lightning fast, even in regions where only basic internet speeds are offered, leveraging Yahoo!'s cloud technology.
Here's what's new:
- Social Infusion: Instantly respond to messages from Facebook, Yahoo! Groups, Yahoo! Mail and other webmail providers with a new easy reply bar. View photo slideshows, inline videos and more from within your inbox. Plus, you can view and share notifications and updates from Twitter, Facebook and Zynga from within a new Updates tab.
- Conversations Aren't Just Email: Yahoo! Mail prioritizes messages and contacts that matter most. When you want to compose an IM, SMS or email you will find your most frequent contacts and lists surfaced first. Also, chat with Facebook friends alongside Windows Live and Yahoo! Messenger contacts and view all of your past IM and text conversations within Yahoo! Mail.
- Tailor Your Inbox: Choose from over 50 vibrant themes and stationery options to express your personality and customize how you view messages and contacts.
- App-ify Mail: New, easy-to-use apps help you be more productive and organized right from your inbox. Now you can track your online orders with the All My Purchases app, stop receiving unwanted newsletters using the Unsubsriber app, and send mega files using Attach Large Files by YouSendIt.
- Mail Search Redefined: Easily sort and narrow search results by sender, attachment file, date, or folder location using the refinement column tools on the left-hand side.
- Spam Buster: Advanced SpamGuard technology and a new anti-phishing platform have reduced spam reports by 60% and help protect users from email hackers and unwanted instant message conversations. Yahoo! Mail blocks over 550 billion spam messages per month.
- New Accessibility Features: Yahoo! has made it a priority to make sure the latest version of Yahoo! Mail is even more accessible to people with disabilities. it can be used via a keyboard only or a mouse and leverages context-sensitive instructional text to make it easier for people who use screen readers.
- Better, Richer, Advertising in Mail: We bring a unique combination of Science, Art and Scale - the Science to understand and target an audience, the Art to engage them within premium content and canvases, and the Scale to reach them in meaningful numbers that drive their business.
- Nokia Users Get Powered By Yahoo! Mail: All of these great new features and functionality will also be available for Yahoo! Mail's global partners. For example, Nokia email and chat services are now "Powered by Yahoo," offering Nokia users an easier, safer and more social email and chat experience. "That's right, we've extended the benefits of Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger to Nokia mail and chat users and those services are now officially "powered by Yahoo!." Another huge benefit: people can also use their Nokia IDs to easily access and engage with content and services from across Yahoo!, such as Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Sports, Yahoo! Finance, and more," announced Yahoo Mobile.
[Source: Yodel Anecdotal]